Friday, April 13, 2007

SB07:Day 7

(Please click on the photo to see more pictures.)

This morning, Pete and I got 9 holes of golf in at a great course right on the island. Pete didn't get out golfing at all last year, but he still had no trouble beating me by 4 strokes. We played with rented 2007 Nike clubs. The driver is larger than any driver I've ever swung, and I never did get a feel for the putter, but I'm sure I could get used to them. Too bad the putter probably cost more than my existing set. The course was not very long, but it was very tight between all the trees, water, and sand. I managed to rack up a penalty stroke on 7 of the 9 holes.

Later in the day, Pete and Teri took a flat-bottom boat tour. Teri really enjoyed herself, and Pete might have if his allergies weren't bothering him, and if he had taken a jacket.

When they got back, we all headed back to the golf course for a very nice "final" dinner.

We will be cleaning up the house tomorrow and then heading back up through Charleston to the airport in Myrtle Beach. We have a fairly late flight that won't get us into Detroit until around 10 pm.

No comments: