Monday, April 30, 2007

Congrats: Russ & Jen

(Please click on the photo to see more pictures.)

On Saturday, we headed up to Flint for my cousin Jennifer's marriage to Russ. They had a beautiful ceremony at St. Pius Church. Their reception followed in the same hall that Michele and I had our reception almost 5 years ago at St. Michael's. While their reception was very nice, they were lacking in the Polish cuisine that we served, namely, cabbage rolls and pierogi. So, I think I'm going to give the advantage to us. Those people that don't care for Polish food, might vote otherwise. You can also find some photos from MPnA here.

Last Thursday, I was so anxious to just get an update out, that I forgot OUR big news. We met with the neurosurgeon Thursday afternoon and he agreed that Jake did have "external fluid collections of infancy" but that we wouldn't have to do anything about it. Unless Jake's head grows abnormally again in one of his regular checkups, he will not need to get any further MRI's or exams for this issue. Apparently, the extra fluid is quite common, and is also not limited to premature babies. Dr. Zakalik stated that he was surprised that it even made it to him with how limited the fluid level actually was. Needless to say, we are both relieved.

Lastly, those of you that are subscribed to our blog might get some notifications that our Spring Break (SB for those of you that didn't figure it out) posts have been updated. I merely uploaded and re-linked to the full-size images. There is no new text, and you probably wouldn't even notice a difference in the photo quality. So, unless you just want to re-live our vacation, there's no need to go back and re-read or re-view anything (although you are welcome to, of course).

2 comments:

Brian said...

Good to hear that Jake is all good. I'd like to come visit him sometime. Now that he's older and bigger, I wouldn't be afraid of breaking him anymore.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! I'm sure you're really busy and all, but I think you are a bit overdue for a new post. You're depriving me of my "Anderson Annex" fix!

Jen