Monday, April 10, 2006

Gains and losses

(Please click on the photo to see more pictures.)

Jake is still doing very well in the CCN. Michele and I both got to feed him again today. Michele fed him at the earlier visit, and I got to feed him at the latter. He is nippling very well. We think, if we heard properly, that he got at least 4 of his 8 feedings today from a bottle! While we know this could have just been a GREAT day, and tomorrow he may get none, we remain optimistic.

Jake also gained a bit of weight again in the last 24 hours. He is now up to 5 pounds, 7 ounces.

As you can see in the picture, if you look close enough, he has lost the little stub of umbilical cord that was left after all the IVs came out! While this isn't a MAJOR milestone, it's still one sign that he's getting older. He will be three weeks old tomorrow (or today, depending on how you look at it).

The pictures linked from the photo above our a few pictures we snapped tonight. If you click here, you will find some pictures that Grandpa T shot while he was visiting Jake on Sunday night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matthew and Michele,
It has been a little while since I have been able to view the blog and Mom really hasn't told me anything because I asked her not too. She said a lot had happened since the last time I read. It sure has! I am so excited for all of you. He is a little fighter and hopefully he will get to come home before you know it! I really hope that everyday gets even better and soon he will be eating from the bottle at every feeding!

I love you all.
Aunt Melissa

PS Matthew, you look so much more comfortable holding your son then you did holding Alison when she was that little...maybe it's because he is yours! :) I can't wait until I get to meet Jacob! I love you very much!