Saturday, April 01, 2006

Big day

(Please click on the photo to see more pictures)

What a big day! Jacob finally got to come out of the incubator and was peacefully resting in Michele's arms. Sure it was only for 15 minutes, and sure there wasn't time for Dad, but it was a BIG step none-the-less!

Michele was floored when she heard that she'd get to hold him today. I'm not sure I've ever seen her so happy... well, happy through teary eyes, of course. She's going to be a GREAT mom.

As long as Jacob made it through the rest of the day without his vitals dropping at all, we might get 30 minutes out of the incubator tomorrow. And you KNOW I'm going to get some time with my little boy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what awesome news for you guys! Hey Matthew thank you again for giving me instructions on the bookmarking thing! Hope all goes well with Jacob and his vitals and that you both get to hold him tomorrow. Michele you will be an awesome MOM and Matthew I know you will be a great DAD!

Just remember though Matthew when Jacob comes home and is strong enough I get to mess with him the way you messed with Alison when she was a newborn!!! Just kidding! I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Alright! Go little Jake go!