Monday, June 11, 2007

...Bad Times

(Please click on the photo to see more damage.)

This is the main reason that I was unable to update the blog over the weekend as I had originally hoped.

On Friday, around 2:00, a storm blew through Livonia. Johanna, said it looked like a tornado without the funnel cloud. There was high winds with rain blowing directly sideways.

Most of Livonia (if not all) was without power due to the storm hitting elsewhere, so when the tree fell and pulled the power and phone lines off of our house, there was not a fire or anything.

When I left work and drove home, I had to avoide Middlebelt road between Plymouth and Joy. A large tree on the West side of Middlebelt fell and was blocking 4 of the 5 lanes. Driving through our subdivision let me see just how many limbs and other entire trees were littering the ground.

While Michele took Jake up to her folks to enjoy some time on the boat with DLCnM, I stuck around and arranged getting the tree removed (most of it), and getting utilities restored. My dad came down on Saturday and helped me patch up a few things and clean up most of the yard.

We still have to arrange to get the fence replaced. We also have to replace the service door to the garage and the umbrella for the patio set. Hopefully we won't hit any snags when we try to get this all processed through our insurance company.

1 comment:

Life on Waterfall Road w/ The Anderson's said...

holy cow - can't believe you didn't tell me about the tree nor ask me for any help. let me know if you do need anything though.