Monday, November 13, 2006

November News

(Please click on the photo to see more pictures.)

I wonder if I'd get pestered by my mom as often about my recent updating frequency if she was not retired? At any rate, it has been a while, but that's because things have finally started to settle down. Sure we seem to be busy EVERY weekend, but it's typically more routine stuff. I'm sure there will be more posts than anyone cares to read around the holidays, so I think maybe my fingers were just taking a rest in anticipation.

Two weekends ago we ventured over to Charlotte for Isabelle's baptism. The ceremony went well, and the Goodrich's threw a great party afterwards. To top off the excitement of the day, the Lions actually beat the Falcons. That was only the second time I picked them to win in our football pool, and it was their second win (more to follow). Jake got to meet Jack for the first time at the part, and we got some good shots of the three kids together.

In other news, Jake now has TWO teeth! We keep trying to get a good photo of them, but they are quite tricky to capture with our SLOW digital camera. The photo at the top of this post was an attempt to show them. We are considering investing in a new camera as a Christmas gift to one another. Last year was cell phones. This year a camera. I love my wife! I don't want to have to wait that long, but maybe next year I'll give her an HD TV and she'll give me a PS3. I think we should swap those gifts for Valentine's, but there seems to be a much lower spending limit on the gifts for that holiday.

Last weekend my parents threw a dinner for family and friends to wish Melissa a safe journey to Florida. She got a job selling Super Bowl XLI gear for the next few months. We all got together at Max & Erma's in Auburn Hills. This was following my third prediction of a Lion's victory but my first incorrect prediction. I no longer feel any responsibility for their winning or losing based on my picks. Luckily, in our league, only one person picked against them so it didn't hurt too badly. Here are some photos from MPnA from the dinner. Also, here are a few photos of Alison after she lost her first tooth!

Michele has parent/teacher conferences this week, so Jake and I will get to spend some quality time together. The question is, "Will it be post-worthy?" We'll just have to wait and see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt, your comments about gifts reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer gives Marge a bowling ball with "Homer" written on it. Hmm...

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, yes, I would pester you just as much! Adorable pictures of all!

Anonymous said...

Oh my... in the picture with the two little babies, Jake looks so big!! How exciting.... he sure has grown a lot and now he has two teeth.. watch out, he will be leaving for college before you know it!
Patty!!!