Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Salem Elementary Teacher of the Year


I just wanted to put up a quick post about how proud I am of Michele for being selected the Teacher of the Year for her school.  As part of a process for recognizing the best teachers in the county, each school nominates a single teacher.  The nomination includes letters from the principal, a colleague, a parent, and a student.  Please click here to read a portion of the submitted packet.

Along with the certificate below, Michele also received a party during a staff meeting at school.  Jake and I were lucky enough to be invited to attend.  As part of the celebration, they read the recommendation letters aloud for all the teachers to hear.  They also had a cake, which Jake thought was awesome, especially since he got the first piece!

Great job LOML!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that I get to work with her.. she is AWESOME!!!!!!!! I truly don't know what we would do without her.
Patty Raines!

Anonymous said...

Yeah… I've been meaning to call you to congratulate you on this honor. But now, after some thought, I'm kinda wonderin' if this is fair to everyone else. I mean, Michele was BORN to teach, everyone knows that within the first 3 sentences of talking with her - even in high school. How is anyone supposed to compete with that? I propose that maybe, in order to level the playing field, like in golf - there should be a handicap in place… I dunno I'm just saying…