Monday, February 02, 2009

Great Weekend

You know it's a great weekend when you get the best weather of the month, a happy child, and the Super Bowl all packed into two days!

We've been trying to teach Jake that if he goes to sleep right away (instead of talking or singing or playing) that he'll be a happier baby the next day. He seems to be getting it. This weekend went very well. He got to play with tons of stuff in the house, and then he and Mommy finally got to play outside for a bit on Sunday giving Daddy the house to himself for the pre-game shows.

I thought the Super Bowl was a very good game. I was rooting for Pittsburgh, so in the end I was happy. Of course, with the Cards scoring as much as they did, I blew my playoff pool chances that I lead going into the game.

Michele and I both thought they had some pretty good ads again this year. Our favorite were the E*Trade commercials, especially the one that gave Uncle Mark his new nickname on the golf course of "Shankapotamus" (the other is here). The Pepsi "I'm good" commercial was pretty good too. Our favorite "artsy" commercial was probably the Coke commercial with the heist.

Since the weekend split up over two months, you can see our latest photos here and here.

No comments: