Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Week Flew By

(Please click on the picture to view more photos.)

I should have never said this in the last post,
We're kind of going through the post-holiday lull right now. There's not a ton going on, but we're keeping busy.
We had quite the week this week.

Monday
After spending the day with Jake, I went to the Red Wings game with Jason. We had great seats given to me by a friend, and got to watch the Wings beat the Habs 2-0. We also had a great view of the CCHA and GLI banners. It was a beautiful sight (bottom of the photo on the left - spoiler alert: they are both green and white)!

Tuesday
Michele had a snow day, and spent the whole day entertaining Jake and doing some chores, as the photos clearly show. All I know is I don't get the camera out every time I do chores, but maybe I should. At any rate, this is where the bulk of our photos came from for this post.

Wednesday
We took Jake in to get his MRI in the morning. He did VERY well with the oral sedation, and stayed asleep through the scan. He then woke up promptly without any real stimulation after the test so we were able to head right home. They had warned that some people have to stick around for several hours while the child comes out of the sedation!

We hope to find out the results around the 23rd of next week.

While Michele took the rest of the day off to be with Jake, I headed down to work. I then stuck around after work and met Dad for dinner at his favorite downtown restaurant, Loco Bar, and then we went to the North American International Auto Show. There weren't a ton of new cars, but there were a couple that stood out.

My Personal Picks
If we needed/slash could afford an upscale minivan: Nissan Quest
If we needed an affordable minivan: Kia Sedona
Favorite hotrod: Holden Efijy
Favorite full-size, pickup: Ford F350
Favorite SUV: GMC Acadia
Favorite convertible: Saturn Sky Redline
Favorite convertible that I could fit in: Pontiac G6 (I still love the hard top).

Thursday
Thursday was a somewhat normal day. Michele got stuck at school late in a meeting while I tended to Jake. He had a great day back at daycare, and Michele said he got VERY excited when he saw his teachers in the morning!

Friday
Michele took Jake duty again Friday night so that I could resume going to the gym. It's been very hit-or-miss since Jake was born, and I decided that I really need to start getting into shape. I want to be ready for swimsuit season, and they already have their suits out at Target.

Saturday
After grabbing a few lattes from Beaners, we headed up to Pete and Teri's. DLCnM also joined us shortly after lunch as did Grandma Remenicky. We all basically just hung out and played around with Maiya.

Saturday night, after putting Jake to bed, Michele and I went to Fenton Cinemas and finally saw The Pursuit of Happyness. We both thought the movie was good, but probably won't look to buy it on DVD.

Sunday
Sunday morning found us headed to Flint to pick up Grandma for church at Saint Michael's with MPnA. Jake did very well during Church, but ended up getting a bit fussy at breakfast. Michele had a bunch of school stuff so we headed home right from the restaurant.

We did one other thing on Sunday, but that will have to wait for another post.

No comments: