Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Happy Birthday - Jacob Daniel

(Please click on the photo to see more pictures)

Jacob Daniel was born this morning, March 21, 2006, at 8:04 am via cesarean delivery at Huron Valley-Sinai hospital.

He was quite a bit ahead of his due date which wasn't until May 5!

He is 4 pounds, 13 ounces and is 17 and 1/4 inches long.

He's an adorable baby, but then again, I might be a little biased.

After delivery, we got a few pictures and he was then whisked away into the critical care unit where he could remain until his actual due date. The nurses there sounded optimistic, and informed us that the main issue he's facing right now is his lung development.

We were very excited to meet him, although we could have waited a little longer!

Michele is doing very well, and even allowed me to leave the hospital to spend the night at home this evening!

9 comments:

Hal D'Arpini said...

Congratulations, Matt, and good luck to you and Michele.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I wish the both of you great happiness with Jacob Daniel.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Chewy and Taco and Happy Birthday Jacob Daniel.

Lisa

Sorry about the names that is all your sister calls you two. I am sure she will come up with one for Jacob. She already likes to call him JD.

Hosangs said...

I'm very excited for you both. I know Matt is a great guy and will make a great dad and even though I have not met taco (<-- what?) I know she will make a great mom.

Having a kid was the most exciting thing to ever happen to me and it only gets better. There will be tough times (what feeding every couple of hours.. even at night) and some very sticky situtations (watch out for tar doo doo) but when you look at your son and the innocence and life that you helped bring into this world everything else seems like no big deal. You two are Jacob's hero and the love Jacob gives you is honest, true and unconditional. (tissue please) :)

Anonymous said...

Yo!! What a handsome young man!! Uncle George just reminded me that we all come into this world wet, naked, screaming and kicking, looking for a nipple, and there is no reason that kind of fun has to stop. Congrats!!!! You done good!!!
Love,
Your Favorite Aunt,
Lynn XXXX

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Matt & Michelle! Actually, I think Michelle probably did most of the hard work. But hey, Matt is the one that will have to get up at 0200 and arrange bail. Least, that's the way it worked out for my old man.
Good work youse!!!
(Hey, why the heck would Aunt Lynn be looking for a nipple?)

Love,
Unc George

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all of you. I hope your entire new family goes home soon. Happy Birthday Jacob!
Remember to take pictures and movies every few weeks. In a few months, you can look back at those pictures and movies, you'll be amazed how much he will have grown and changed. It may seem like a lot of responsibility, but it's so cool to be a parent... and rewarding.

Pete, Rosa, Carmen, and Javier Caldwell

(Wild Weasel, you're gettin' soft since you had your big bouy!)

Anonymous said...

I hope I'm doing this right. (If you don't get this, let me know) I emailed you Matt, just in case.

Beautiful baby, I'm so happy for both of you

Love, Marsha

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful boy!!!! I am so excited for both of you. Michele, C-sections are not so bad. I love you all and cannot wait to meet Jacob in person.

Love and Kisses XOXOXOXO

G. Aunt Tracie